Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A New Hobby

Over the past couple of months, I have discovered I really enjoy creating layout sketches. It started out as just messing around to see if I could really do it, to creating some exclusive sketches for Scrapping Friends (an online scrapping community), and now along with those exclusives I am going to be periodically posting sketches on my blog as well.

Here are previews of some sketches I've created for Scrapping Friends.... I am only showing those that have already been used, but there are plenty more in the sketch vault that will eventually be released and I can share a sneak peek with you. ;)

I am only 1 of many talented sketch designers on site including my friend Sandie who also shares her sketches on her blog Tales of the Steakgoddess. There is a new sketch posted in the group each week and all are left on site as an archive for later reference :) So if you like these sketches and you would like a better view of them, and if you'd like to meet other scrappers you should check out Scrapping Friends.

Now on to my first Blog Sketch. When it comes to creating sketches I work a little backwards. I usualy make the layout first THEN the sketch....LOL Theres just something about my approach of setting a certain amount of things in from of me and telling myself see what you can do with that... and I do. When I'm done, if I like how things turned out, I eventually make a sketch of it. So MOST times when I post a new sketch I'll have a sample layout to show you a possible end result to give you even MORE inspiration, or at least I hope so :)

Layout Sketch #1


Sample Layout

I also have this sketch in Digital template form, I haven't uploaded it yet since I' not sure if anyone would want it, but if you do send me an e-mail and I'd be happy to upload it and share with you Digi scrappers out there. :)

Hope you can get some ideas from this sketch and if you do I'd LOVE to see your results :)

Happy Scrappin'

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment