Thursday, May 7, 2009

A couple of cards


I thought I'd show off a couple of cards I've made reciently. These are all fairly simple but I had fun doing something I don't normally get to do.... play with the color PINK! Since I have all boys and don't normally have a chance to use pink I decided I could use it on cards so I bought the DCWV Sweet Mat Stack since it was so cute, and I'm just crazy about the cupcake trend so this paper is perfect for that also.

Speaking of the cupcake trend, how much do I LOVE the Studio G series 27 cupcake stamps?!!? Wel let's just say I almost wish they were real cause they look good enough to eat! They are soooo darn cute! So I have the whole set and have been having fun playing with them too, and of course they are perfect to go with the sweet stack!

Other than that I've used my usual favorites on these cards, stickles, dew drops, or skittles which ever you call them, ribbon, flock, glitter, primas, they're all here.

and this is just a card I did up trying to follow a T!m Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas tut... (Day 1 ~ 2007). I did manage to get all the techniques on to this cards, I did not have some of the materials on hand like the blending tool which really made inking the way he did a challenge. This card is far from perfect, and I call it my "Ugly Card", and still say if T!m saw this he might actually come to my house and take away all my TH products so I can't reproduce this! LOL

I give credit to a friend of mine, Nancy for the over all look of this card since I followed a sketch of hers. If you like the layout of this card, and are thinking "hmm, I'd like to see more sketches by this Nancy lady" there is a way. This sketch and many more are available exclusively to Scrapping Friends, a terrific online scrapbooking community (I go in to more detail of this place further down my blog if you are interested) ;)

Once again thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you have a wonderful and creative day!

Happy Scrappin'

~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jenn!! I saw you over on my blog, leavin' some sweet comments - thank you!! I miss ya!! Hope all's well with you and the boys 2 men you have!! =)

    ReplyDelete