Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Greetings

Happy Valentine's Day folks!!!! Now I admit this in probably my least favorite holiday of the year, but I had fun this year helping my kids with their Valentine's for their classes, and I made them a special heart shaped supper (breakfast for supper, but everything was cut into heart shapes).

This year Xavier, my oldest son wanted to do something special for his 'girlfriend' (he's only 9 so it's super cute that he even says he has a GF...hehe). Anyway, I helped him come up with the idea to make her a flower with his photo on it. The following pictures are of him during the creation process.

Here he is using my Cricut to cut the shapes he needed to make his flower.
Then I taught him how to ink his paper and he went right to town inking everything!!! (just like his momma ;) lol).
Halfway through the assembly process.... he's inking the center of the circle.
and he sticks his adorable lil face in the center of the flower.
....and here he is, very proud of his gift and a job well done. :) From what I heard when he got home, his GF loved the gift, and his teacher even took a photo of him giving it to her..... as a scrappy mom who HAS to document EVERYTHING I am hoping to get a hold of that photo! hehehe
We attached the stem and leaf with a hot glue gun so it held well.... but here it is, the finished project up close. Now to find the time for myself to make a flower pot for ME of all my flower children.

Until next time, happy crafting!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment