Thursday, February 24, 2011

The making of a layout

Well it finally happened.... today I was FINALLY inspired enough to scrap something!!!! woohoo!!!!! Not only was I inspired to scrap something, but I also got an idea for how to blog about it too! So today is a "two-for" for you, a new layout AND a peek at my decision making process of how I go about completing a layout.

So to start with I "TRY" to get everything together for the page I'm about to create before I get started, especially when I already have an idea in mind. Keyword there is 'try'..... there are obviously times, when things don't work out as I see them in my mind, or times where I think of something that I have that will work much better (you'll see some of this going on as I post the photos of my work in progress).

Now before we get started here is a link to the page that inspired me and that I did a lil scraplifting from.

What you see below are the items I decided I want to work with: All papers are DCWV (the Citrus stack), inks are Studio G, Flowers are either from Prima and/or Kaiser, Kaiser bling, and just some other goodies from my stash.
Next step was pretty simple, I just cropped my photos and cut my papers to size. After everything was cut, I placed everything kinda where I wanted them to go just to get a feel for how things were gonna go.
I wanted the photos to 'pop' a little more so here was my first adjustment to my supplies I had already pulled out. I got a piece of white cardstock to mat the photos with and I also used it to stamp my journaling template on. I also inked EVERYTHING. I have a hard time NOT inking everything on my layouts....lol I also trimmed all my patterned paper down... each block was originally 6x6 but I decided that was a little too much so I trimmed them to 5x5.Now it's time to place everything out again.... as you can see I've changed some things a little, such as swapping out the flowers for different ones and other little things like that. The page is almost complete.... time to start sticking this stuff down!
I tend to use repositionable adheasive because I never like where I first put things.... or things don't end up straight (I always try to have things on angles anyway just to avoid being picky about straight lines). I did find a quote square (by my Minds Eye), that worked with the kids and the color combination of the layout, and I already had some glitter letters that matched well so I decided not to use the Cricut to cut my title like I had originally planned.
and there ya go....a finished layout to stick in my album. :) I had a lot of fun making this page today and I hope you at least got inspired today to have some fun of your own.

Happy Scrappin'
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment