Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Shower Time!!! Part 1

Yay! Finally I have a Baby Shower to plan!!!! This is all new to me, I'm so used to being the one to have the kids, it's actually quite exciting for me to be on the other side of waiting for a new baby. :)

My best friend is having a baby, and she has chosen a color pallet of Chocolate Brown, Bright Greens (more of the lime family), and random blue things for a slight color change here and there (yes it's a Boy!!), and she also like frogs, so there are frogs all in the room, and on some of the gifts I bought too.

So here is the Invitation I came up with for the Shower. For the most part we used a group in facebook to invite people to the event, but for those not on there, and that wanted the keepsake invite this is what they got. I used a Sweet Shoppe Designs digital scrap kit to make this, and just sent it off to a photo lab to be printed in a large quantity.

I made for her a Baby Block Sign to go in the babies room in the colors she chose.
I also altered this wooden basket to match (when I found it at a thrift store it was really scratched up, white and with a lot of purple flowers painted on it, so it got quite a transformation). In the basket I put the brand of soaps, lotions and creams she wants to use on baby.

I also made her a set of framed photos (again that match the items above), to put on the wall in the babies room. 4 of them in total.... with a photo of each of my boys on their first day, and the 4th is for a photo of her little guy once he gets here.

Then I made this card to go in one of the bags with her gifts (there were more, lots of cute blankets, sheets, and that rag quilt I showed you in an earlier post). Anyway, I used the scrap pieces of paper from the above projects to make this card, so again, matchy matchy.

So I can say I'm excited all I want, but I think with all the spoils posted it really shows. There will be more to share, so stay tuned.

Happy Scrappin'
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment