Saturday, June 6, 2009

I finally have a name here!

After a lot of thinking I have finally come up with a REAL name for my blog. To anyone who visits my blog you will remember this blog as being RJXRP designs. The RJXRP name was made by my boyfriend and I as a "Family Creations" name. Each letter in the name was the first letter of every name in our family. Ric, Jenn, Xavier, Robbie, Preston. Although I loved that idea, I knew I wanted a real name for my blog and Creations from the Cherry Pit is what I have come up with. :)

I am a collector of all things with Cherries on them; jewelery, housewares, decor, stationary, all things scrappy.... you name it, I probably have it with Cherries on it. My favorite candy flavour is, you guessed it Cherry....but here's something funny, I can't stand to eat the real fruit... LOL I grew up with 3 larger cherry trees right outside my bedroom window, the blossoms were so beautiful every year and it was fun to watch the cherries grow and hang in the trees as if it were a pretty picture hanging on my wall instead of me just looking out my window. The town where I grew up has a festival every year called Cherry Carnival, so as you can see they've been a big part of my life for a very long time.

All my scrapping friends know of my love of cherries and I have received a lot of wonderful gifts over the years from them. They always say they can't pass by something with Cherries on it without thinking of me, and to me that's the best part of the gift :) So, because of my obsession, I did in fact name my Scrap room the "Cherry Pit", how suiting eh? so THAT is where the blog name came from.... it was kind of a "duh Jenn" moment, after all I create projects in my scrap room.... I post them for you to see.... so wholla, creations from the Cherry Pit was born. :)

Here are a few pics of the Cherry Pit:
So there you go, a lil' history lesson for you today on me and my love for that pretty lil' red fruit :) I spent most of last night making my new topper and then played around this afternoon and made a matching blinkie for my blog too, feel free to grab it and put it on your own blog if you want.

Have a Great Week-end!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment