Monday, February 9, 2009

ATC Valentines

So I was challenged and inspired by Marti over on the Pezadoodle blog to get creative and make some ATC Valentines AND to use those Studio G stamps we all know and hoard and LOVE! Her challenge ends February 14th so it you want more details and you want to try this challenge out pop on over to her blog and check out the details! :)

Now I have to admit I am not a fan of Valentine's Day.... I never make cards, I never buy pretty and lovey papers and embelishments, and hubby and I just don't do the exchange of cards and the over priced gifts. We buy stuff for each other all the time, and besides... he knows BETTER than to buy me a card, or jewelery or flowers... yup, he has learned that if he wants to surprise me with a special something it better darn well be something I can use in the Scraproom! lol Anyway back to the point, because I'm not a big V-day fan, It was a litle difficult to keep these in theme.... especially when I only had 3...yup thats right 3 valentines/love related sets of Studio G's! LOL

So here are 4 that I came up with:




My favorite of the bunch is the bottom left corner. I love the roughness and different heights the flocked heart has, I ran the chipboard through my Xyron X sticker maker as the adheasive for that one. I love experimenting with different ways to flock. hehehe (My favorite is still to paint the piece then had a layer of white glue then flock. :))

The chipboard flourish on this card and the chipboard bracketed piece on the next card were from a 7 Gypsies ATC chipboard kit.... a lot of neat lil pieces in those packs and they are pretty cheap too (I got them from LoriMart ;)).

My next favorite...."Always Love You" I totally messed up on this one, I touched the ink while it was still wet after I stamped it, and smudged it... at first I was mortified, then I decided to continue to mash my thumbs in to the project and wholla! a true one of a kind masterpiece.
This "x's&o's" one I made for my son... I'm going to hide it in his lunchbox on Friday so he gets it at his valentines party at school. He loves all things with x's so I used an x&o's stamp, and brad on this card.

and the pink/brown one is the reason why I should never ever EVER attempt to work with pink.... I plain ol suck at it! Maybe there was a creative reason behind why I had 3 boys! LOL I do love the pink/brown combo of colors though. ;)
The lil woven please tag flips to show this....


and here the stamp I use on the back of all my ATC cards.... I bought this one from Oriental Trading Company. I think it's a pretty neat way to finish these cards off (and please excuse the fact that I desperatly NEED a new ink pad...LOL).



So that was my fun for last night and bits and pieces of today. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the chance to play with ome pretty cute papers I recieved in the mail today from a friend... DCWV Sweet Stack papers! I'm so excited!


Thanks for stopping by today, and thanks Marti for the fun challenge, it was great getting those stamps out and giving them a try, I'm sure if they could thay's thank you too!!! lol


~Jenn


*******UPDATE FEBRUAY 13TH MIDNIGHT*******


So I've been looking back at these ATC's and I just have to say I'm not 100% in love with them.... not just because I don't normally do lovey things... but they don't say to me "Hey I made that... that's a lil piece of me". So, tonight I made one that was totally me and still managed to stick with using a love themed Studio G Stamp!!

everything again inked with Cats eye Liquid chalks, scrap cherry paper and bazzill, cuttlebug paisley embossing folder was used on the red, Heidi swap mini joural notes and chipboard cherries, and of course studio g "love you with a cherry on top". Oh, and I went a lil crazy with the liquid pearls....LOL
Now this one I am very happy with! :) Now I can sleep better knowing I know have an ATC that 'says' Jenn :)

2 comments:

  1. hi jenn!!
    love the atcs! thanks for participating! cute bots BTW!
    hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The last one screams "Jenn"! Love it!

    ReplyDelete