Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 is Closing..... Welcome 2012!

With 2011 quickly coming to an end I can't quick help to reminisce and think of what I have been through, what I have accomplished and what I just didn't have time for.

On a personal level it has been a big year for growth, and I don't mean the negative kind. LOL I have made huge leaps in to creating a better self, someone I am actually very happy being, and someone I am actually proud of. There were a lot of ups and many downs to get to where I am, but in the end it was all worth it. I've learned to love me, and respect me, I've learned that heartache doesn't last forever, and that by allowing myself to love anything is possible. I've learned to enjoy being me and to take better care of me. I had spent a lot of time thinking and evaluating my life and I have even figured out what it is I want out of it, now 2012 is the year to figure out how to get it. :)

Now on to what's relevent for this blog.... my crafty side. Well, I must start by saying it has been an great year for the Cherry Pit, it seems I was always busy creating and making Decor items for myself and for others and I've had a lot of fun! There may have been times when I may have taken on more than I could hanlde at one time but I made it through and got the jobs done. I'd like to thank everyone for they support, whether it was in buying something or sharing words of encouragement, it was all very important to me and I greatly appreciate each and every one of you. THANK YOU!

As far as my personal crafts (aka my scrapbooking) I am pretty dissappointed in how little I've actually accomplished this year. My goal was to catch up on the pages I was behind and to hopefully not get too far behind in my 2011 pages. Well, I just updated my Excel sheet of what it is I have to do to become up to date and well, I did NOTHING with my 2011 year of photos :( I have a list of 250 pages that need to be completed to have 2011 in the books and that's close to 1000 photos to work with! YIKES!!! I did manage to get some pages does from 2010 this year, and even a few complete for the 2009 year, but I still have a long way to go to get those years complete... 115 Layouts for 2009 and 190 left for 2010.... yea if I ever what to get caught up I NEED to get to work, find my groove and NEVER lose it! LOL So with these winter months being the slow time of year, not many events or outings, not many photo opportunities I need to take advantage of this time, and crank out some pages while I'm not building up too much 'NEW' work for myself. It would be so nice to use my stuff again, and even more nice to get creative and sharpen up my scrappy skills. :)

So there's my 2011 in condensed form and my crafty goals for 2012. I wish you all the best in 2012 and hope to see and hear form you in the new year.

Scrap on! :)
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment