Saturday, May 21, 2011

Zoo Themed Baby Ablum

I was asked to make a baby album for my Cousin in law for her baby shower. It was fun to do, but I found it to be a challenge. First off, not knowing the sex of the baby had to be the most difficult part of this album. I didn't want it to lean more one way than the other, but I didn't want it to be "blah" either. Luckily Mommy had a theme for the Nursery (Jungle) so I was able to find fun papers to work with (the DCWV Animal Crackers Stack), and went straight to work.

Second issue, it was HARD to not go over board!!! I've done 3 baby albums in the past (one for each of my boys), and I swear I had a page for every move they made, narrowing it down, to not only fit in 1 album (without adding extra pages), but with trying to allow space for all the important moments. I finally settled on doing a page for before baby was born, a double of the day baby was born, and then 1 page for each month in baby's life. Knowing that not every month can be crammed on one page, I also did a double specifically for putting "baby's firsts", now I left those pages pretty open, cause I know how hard it is to capture every moment on camera.

Finally I ended the album with a double of baby's 1st birthday, and a single for Baby at age 1 to complete the first year album. Below are the pages that I came up with.

I actually really liked how this album turned out (these pictures do it no justice!!). Every time I look at these photos I find a different page I like more, so I'm going to take that to mean I like them all equally and I just have a hard time choose which is my favorite.

Thank for stopping by, until next time......
Happy Scrappin'
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment